Chocolate, pears and almond cake
Write a review
- 3 medium size pears
- 150 g dark chocolate (70%)
- 50 ml of amaretto
- 120 g butter (at room temperature)
- 120 g of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 100 g almond meal
- 30 g flour
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C / 350 ° F.
- Place the chocolate and amaretto in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and heat until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and allow to stand at room temperature until completely cool, but still runny.
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Gradually add the eggs and beat well to combine. Add the chocolate, almond meal, flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into a loaf tin (previously greased and dust with flour if you do not use a flexible pan). Insert the pears deep in the batter.
- Bake for about 40-45 min until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in the tin for 15-20 min before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.