Coconut semolina porridge with blueberries, lemon zest and turmeric
Write a review
- 50 grams (1/3 cup) whole grain semolina, wheat or spelt
- 100 ml (half a cup) coconut milk
- 200 ml (about one cup) water
- One teaspoon coconut blossom sugar
- A tablespoon of yogurt or cottage cheese
- A few coconut flakes
- A few spoons of blueberries (or other berries)
- Zest of half a lemon
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Mix the coconut milk with the water and bring to a boil.
- Immediately stir in the semolina, then reduce the heat to low, stirring constantly with a whisk or a fork so the semolina doesn't form lumps.
- Stir in the coconut sugar.
- Let the semolina simmer at very low heat for five minutes, until it thickens but still looks creamy. Then mix in the yogurt or cottage cheese.
- In the meantime, warm the blueberries in a small pot until they are melting.
- When the semolina is ready, top it with the warm blueberries, a few coconut flakes, the lemon zest and a pinch of turmeric.