Write a review
- 1.5L milk (skim milk is best)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 4 tbs rose water
- 200g pistachio nuts
- Raspberry Coulis
- 2 tbs of caster sugar
- 3 tbs water
- 1 bag frozen raspberries, thawed
- For Malabi. In a bowl mix the corn flour and 1 cup milk, stir until corn flour has dissolved.
- In a saucepan heat the rest of the milk and the sugar, stirring constantly.
- As soon as it comes to boil, place on a low heat and add in the corn flour mix and the rose water.
- Stir continuosly for 5 minutes until mixture is thick and smooth.
- Pour into mini bowls or cups.
- Let cool at room temperature then cover with glad wrap and place in fridge for 4-5 hours. Mixture should set like jelly.
- For Raspberry Coulis. Heat the raspberries, sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring from time to time, until the sugar dissolves completely, about 5 minutes.
- Put the mixture in a blender and puree.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove the seeds.
- Place a tablespoon of raspberry coulis and chopped pistachio nuts on the chilled Malabi and serve.